Had enough of current job

Ok so I’m in retail and we had a TUPE it’s more work for the same money and it’s not a nice place to work anymore 

I need a change I’m struggling to find cleaning jobs local enough to me with the right hours(but would be an ideal move as I do lots of cleaning at this place too and my last job was cleaning)

Also I looked into gigs ect as I play guitar doesn’t seem feasible but if anyone knows of anyways I’m happy to listen additional info I’m an acoustic player I have gig experiance and also have done busking to keep my skills up to scratch 

but I think currently cleaning is the one to try make a career out of im hoping to get a 16 hour contract I’m willing to do less weeks work I.e achool cleaning but only if there’s a spread over pay scheme

also the bit I will struggle with and this is kind of where my current company has me over a barrel current pay is weekly and thanks to this my money has never worked better for me as I budget better if I have to do it for weekly periods but so far it seems 9/10 cleaning jobs are going to be monthly and I might struggle with my mental health and with my budget this way I mean it’s not impossible but if feel like my money was all gone on day one and I’d have to set food and bill money to one side in another account to transfare weekly 

Replies

• gwynlasgwynlas Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you are a good cleaner and enjpy it would it be possible to join an agency doing domestic cleaning?  This is very different from industrial cleaning in that standards and attention to detail can be much higher. Once toy gain experience you could  set up on your own and work as many hours as you like/
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    45K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    gwynlas said:
    If you are a good cleaner and enjpy it would it be possible to join an agency doing domestic cleaning?  This is very different from industrial cleaning in that standards and attention to detail can be much higher. Once toy gain experience you could  set up on your own and work as many hours as you like/
    although not necessarily for the people the agency has introduced you to: read any contract carefully! 
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • MarconMarcon Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

also the bit I will struggle with and this is kind of where my current company has me over a barrel current pay is weekly and thanks to this my money has never worked better for me as I budget better if I have to do it for weekly periods but so far it seems 9/10 cleaning jobs are going to be monthly and I might struggle with my mental health and with my budget this way I mean it’s not impossible but if feel like my money was all gone on day one and I’d have to set food and bill money to one side in another account to transfare weekly 
    It'll take some self-discipline, but having your pay put into one account and then transferring some on a weekly basis (and not going back for endless top-ups!) may be the most realistic option.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!