CCA request

Options
hello,

I have a query about a cca request. I have a debt that is no longer on my credit file, it dropped off a few months ago, it was my only negative marker so my history over the last 6 years looks brand new. 

The debt was from a credit card, which was taken out in 2011, defaulted 2016, and sold to debt purchaser PRA group in 2019. I have a feeling the cca details may be elusive (fingers crossed). 

If I ask for the cca agreement, will pra group search my credit report as a result of this? Just don’t want a negative marker to reappear. 

Comments

• backinbusiness
    Options
    Requesting a CCA won't make the debt reappear.  Don't worry. 
    DF :grin:
  • Thaisparrow
    Options
    Just a bit of an update on this was wondering what people thought, I requested a SAR from Barclays, they sent me all data they hold on me. The barclaycard was opened in 2011, they haven’t provided the application form or any form of the account being opened; just a statement from July 2011 which would be the first statement issued. Has my name, address their address and mentions a purchase interest rate. Wondering whether this would be enough information for the debt purchaser to be able to reconstitute a CCA agreement, or whether this indicates they do not have any record of the Cca agreement when I took out the card, possibly as this was taken out over the phone as a staff member. 
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    You won't know if PRA can comply with a formal cca request until you make one.

£1 well spent
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure