MSE News: Barclays to shut 15 more branches this year – here's the full list, plus alternatives

Barclays has announced another round of bank branch closures, with 15 more locations set to shut in April this year. The latest closures mean Barclays will close at least 26 branches by the end of the year. Below we list the branches disappearing and what the alternatives are if you still want face-to-face banking.

Read the full story:
'Barclays to shut 15 more branches this year – here's the full list, plus alternatives'

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Well that's going to do wonders for their appointments system isn't it. It already takes over a month to get an appointment at my local Barclays branch god knows how long it will take now that the next nearest branch to it is closing. 
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Well that's going to do wonders for their appointments system isn't it. It already takes over a month to get an appointment at my local Barclays branch god knows how long it will take now that the next nearest branch to it is closing. 

I agree. I'm ultimately not against branch reductions but it feels like cakeism when banks have processes which are so dependent on those branches. It's not like these things cannot legally be done any other way either, as the many digital banks prove.
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 January 2023 at 11:41AM
    WillPS said:

I agree. I'm ultimately not against branch reductions but it feels like cakeism when banks have processes which are so dependent on those branches. It's not like these things cannot legally be done any other way either, as the many digital banks prove.

Branches are irrelevant for most people most of the time, but if they are going to close them then they need to get out of the dark ages and update their processes. We wanted to open a seperate joint account for bills but Halifax wanted us both to visit the branch, we looked at Monzo instead and had it open in about 10 minutes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback