We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

RTÉ App for television

kah22
kah22 Posts: 1,896 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!

I'm trying to find out if there is an RTE television app. The same sort of thing as iPlayer?

There is an app for TG4 but when I search for a RTE App I can't find one all that resembles it presents is  'rtve play' which is Spanish! 

I'm assuming there is an app for I have one sitting on my iPad tight. Any thoughts?  


Kevin

Comments

  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ballyblack, thanks for the quick reply.
    Ihave the RTÉ App on my iPad.  My problem is I'm trying to find the app  on my Sony TV.   I do have a Firestick plugged in
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I have a sony...........Rte app NOT available. Only able to use it on an Android tablet/phone

  • markxx
    markxx Posts: 12 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    It should be possible to cast from the RTE app on a mobile device to the TV if they're both on the same wifi...
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,513 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    It is not available for the Firestick on the Amazon App Store but you can side load it.  Google "RTE app Firestick" and you will get loads of hits on how to do it.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.