Premier property Lawyers mortgage conditions

Hello! One of our mortgage conditions is that we will pay off debt £3,000 on or before completion and that the solicitor will get a declaration signed from us to this effect.

has anyone used premier property lawyers and had this condition? We’ve paid but they haven’t asked for any evidence as of yet so not sure what we need 

Comments

• GAMBITv5
    GAMBITv5 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Used them 3 years ago. They wouldn’t complete without it for us…
  • This is quite a common stipulation, from lenders.
    When i encountered this i just paid it a week or so after completion, didn't have any contact from anyone about it !
  • Slou123
    Slou123 Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    GAMBITv5 said:
    Used them 3 years ago. They wouldn’t complete without it for us…
    Thanks- our conditions sat up to seven days after completion so not sure ! We have paid 90% of it 
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's not clear what your concern is? Are you not going to clear the debts?
  • Slou123
    First Post Name Dropper
    user1977 said:

We have paid most- paying the last couple £100 tomorrow but this won’t show on statememnt before completion on the 20th . Solicitor hasn’t asked for anything and I’m trying to prepare for what they may need as they haven’t asked for anything 
  • user1977
    Slou123 said:
    user1977 said:
    We have paid most- paying the last couple £100 tomorrow but this won’t show on statememnt before completion on the 20th . Solicitor hasn’t asked for anything and I’m trying to prepare for what they may need as they haven’t asked for anything 
    Well, have they suggested they might ask for anything, other than the declaration that you will pay it? Presumably you're making the payments by a method which you can evidence? Why do you need to wait for another statement?
  • Slou123
    First Post Name Dropper
    user1977 said:
    Slou123 said:
    user1977 said:
    Well, have they suggested they might ask for anything, other than the declaration that you will pay it? Presumably you're making the payments by a method which you can evidence? Why do you need to wait for another statement?
    No and I have asked too. We signed a declaration months ago. Yes we paid from the bank account- please don’t get funnt we haven’t bought before so trying to be prepared as possible as this has been going on 14 monrhs
  • user1977
    If they wanted to see evidence that you had paid off the debt, they'd be asking for that - not a declaration that you'd do it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback