Amazon prime membership

Options
JT72
JT72 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Post
edited 6 January 2023 at 1:08PM in Shop but don't drop
Hi has anyone been having issues with Amazon unable to take a new card payment for their monthly subscription?
NatWest recently issued me a new Mastercard debit card, my old Visa debit expired 31st December. I added this new card on my Amazon app account as soon as I got it beginning of December. No issues with ordering items or using it in a Amazon fresh store. As soon 31st December came they suspended my Prime benefits apparently 'due to transaction being declined by my bank'. My bank have confirmed there is no issue with my card and no transactions have been declined from their side. I even got a online verification from Amazon app to my bank to confirm my card(see screenshot below). But after days it just kept saying:  We are processing the change to your payment method. Thank you for your patience.
After contacting Amazon customer services and lots of to-ing and fro-ing it turns out they may have a glitch on the app as I got they to admit as much (see screenshot below). So now I have to cancel my membership and resubscribe, but after attempting to cancel it says I still have until 31st January to use my Prime benefits. But it also says the account is suspended until my payment method has been updated.
This is a impossible and ridiculous situation I can't seem to resolve - any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
(Image removed by Forum Team)

Comments

• JT72
    JT72 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Sorry admin team have removed a image due to personal info displayed. I have edited the info out and re-posted.

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    If the app is a problem, can you try another way ie mobile browser to access Amazon website (you may need to use incognito mode on device that contains the app), or use a laptop to access your account?
  • diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi OP

Have you cleared your cookies?
    Thanks 
  • Charbil
    Charbil Posts: 20 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey, did you get this sorted? Having same issue 
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Charbil said:
    Hey, did you get this sorted? Having same issue 
    I doubt you'll get a reply from the OP.
    The thread was started last year (so a year old) and the OP has not logged on to MSE after posting.

Have you tried the suggestions in the replies?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback