Unfair dismissal

Options
2»

Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,185 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Screenshot that text message and any others and create a back-up of the screenshot - one to your email and another on your laptop/PC.
  • diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Does sound like you're better off out.

However, an approach to ACAS and CAB is needed.

Whether a polite message to the partner you get on with saying you have outstanding salary monies, holiday pay, notice pay, statutory redundancy pay still due might be an idea....
    Hi OP

I as going to say ACAS all day long and it looks another has already said it

Family and friends have had a lot of help from ACAS in the past, they were good but poss it dependes on who you get.

Good luck
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,132 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

I have worked for a firm for 6 years in total with a one year gap after being let go when lockdown started , this time since I’ve been back which is two years
    Can you just confirm that since you started after COVID, is this MORE or LESS than 2 years? 

If it is less than 2 years, then other than insisting on all outstanding pay being paid (including any holiday not taken), you will struggle with any unfair dismissal case.

If it's over 2 years, then you have rights, and should speak to ACAS, although unfair dismissal cases are hard to win.

I would work out what you are owed, and if you don't get paid, then send a "letter before action" showing what you are owed up to the point you were unfairly dismissed, and give them 14 days to pay it.

Hopefully ACAS can point you in the right direction for any further action, but to be honest it sounds like you are best out of there!!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback