Boots - Elnett heat protection volume spray

givememoney
givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
edited 15 February 2023 at 5:21PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Went to buy this from Boots today. It costs £5.99.
The cashier asked if I wanted to use my points. I said yes although I knew I only had £2.11 on there, I could make up the difference.
She rang it up used the points and said "you still have some points left"......What!!  Anyway looked at receipt when I got home, the price it scanned up as was only £1.50. Result!!

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The cashier asked if I wanted to use my points. I said yes although I knew I only had £2.11 on there, I could make up the difference.
    She rang it up used the points and said "you still have some points left"......What!!  Anyway looked at receipt when I got home, the price it scanned up as was only £1.50. Result!!
    Pmd the team to move away from the discount code board. 

Oooo when did they change it that you can pay by part points? It annoys me that it has to be full payment by points so great to see that you can make up the difference now! 

P.s what a result on the price !
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 January 2023 at 11:35AM
    sarah1972 said:

Oooo when did they change it that you can pay by part points? It annoys me that it has to be full payment by points so great to see that you can make up the difference now! 

I don't think you can - it's still all or nothing.

The cashier probably asked giveme if she wanted to use her points because she could see that the sale price was less than the points balance.

Giveme - if this is a product you really like, may be wise to stock up - at that price, sounds like Boots are getting rid of discontinued stock!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    sarah1972 said:

I don't think you can - it's still all or nothing.

The cashier probably asked giveme if she wanted to use her points because she could see that the sale price was less than the points balance.

Giveme - if this is a product you really like, may be wise to stock up - at that price, sounds like Boots are getting rid of discontinued stock!
    Ah that’s a shame. I thought as the OP said she could make up the difference that they had changed it. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    sarah1972 said:

Yes you are probably right you can't use part points. It threw me as she asked if I would like to use my points so I said yes. Whether this price is a blip on their part and it only comes to light if you choose to pay with your points, or if you paid cash it comes up the same, I couldn't say. There's no point on me personally stocking up with bottles of this stuff as it lasts ages. 
    Years back there was a blip with their cucumber cream. It was £1.50 a jar and if you bought 3 the price was £3. When you got to the till the price was £1.50 for 3 not £3.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 February 2023 at 8:25PM
    The smell of Elnett takes me right back to the eighties and nineties.

I went off hairspray after hearing a tale of a lady caught up in the Parsons Green bombing (her hair caught fire because she was wearing it).
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport