Banned by lifepoints.

Life points have blocked me!
I've been a member for many years. Their reason is that I've violated their terms and conditions.  They won't elaborate on how. 
I've gone over the T&Cs but can't see what I may have done wrong.
With the cost of living issues an extra few pounds from surveys really comes in handy.
I'm always honest with my answers and don't rush through the questions.  
I appealed but to no avail ☹️

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi, you might be interested in this article - https://clubthrifty.com/lifepoints-review/

Seems they do that to people from time to time. You may never know what you have done wrong (if indeed you have done anything wrong.) You may just have been paid too much over the past few years and so they've booted you out.

Have you tried Swagbucks? I haven't but it's mentioned in the article and you may even be better off with them . . .  some people on this forum seem to like them, too - worth a try? There's also Prolific - I've made a couple of hundred pounds with them - over a couple of years, though, it's not for quick earnings but it's better than nothing. 

Sometimes you will never get the answers you seek, sadly. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    They blocked me a while back. Like you, I had been with them for many years.  I questioned it and got a reply saying I has violated terms and conditions which was an absolute lie.  Trustpilot has so many reviews mainly from UK members saying the exact same thing. 😡
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £76.03 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • mandy47
    mandy47 Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'll take a look at swagbucks and I'm already with prolific and onepoll.
    Thanks for the replies. 
  • lindos90
    lindos90 Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Might be worth looking into ipsos Isay too, I've found them to be a decent survey site. They don't have loads of surveys, but it does depend on your demographics. I did try swagbucks and it was too complicated for me. Loads of surveys but I didn't seem to be accepted for any of them, and there was too many third party websites it kept transfering you to I couldn't keep track.

• MalMonroe said:
    Hi, you might be interested in this article - https://clubthrifty.com/lifepoints-review/

Seems they do that to people from time to time. You may never know what you have done wrong (if indeed you have done anything wrong.) You may just have been paid too much over the past few years and so they've booted you out.

Have you tried Swagbucks? I haven't but it's mentioned in the article and you may even be better off with them . . .  some people on this forum seem to like them, too - worth a try? There's also Prolific - I've made a couple of hundred pounds with them - over a couple of years, though, it's not for quick earnings but it's better than nothing. 

Sometimes you will never get the answers you seek, sadly. 
    I got to 575 points (around a fiver, wow) then thought get out......took me long enough to get to there.
    Redeemed my points (or so I thought) and waited 2 weeks, nothing.
    Contacted them and apparently there was an 'issue'......and now I can't access my account so I've sent a rather abrupt e-mail to them (for what good that will do).

They do seem a pretty **** company.

• mandy47
    I got to 575 points (around a fiver, wow) then thought get out......took me long enough to get to there.
    Contacted them and apparently there was an 'issue'......and now I can't access my account so I've sent a rather abrupt e-mail to them (for what good that will do).

They do seem a pretty **** company
    It's vey frustrating when you have put in the time and effort. 
    So many surveys say 10-15 mins and end up being far longer but we hang in there. Pity we don't get any loyalty in return.
  • mandy47 said:

They do seem a pretty **** company
    It's vey frustrating when you have put in the time and effort. 
    So many surveys say 10-15 mins and end up being far longer but we hang in there. Pity we don't get any loyalty in return.
    I have been 'disqualified' now for supposedly violating the rules.

Terrible company.
  • mandy47
    I have been 'disqualified' now for supposedly violating the rules.

Terrible company.
    Same here. No idea what I have supposed to have done. I have been doing surveys for many years and never had any problems. 
    I'm moving ahead with other sites and good riddance to Lifepoints.
  • nitelite
    nitelite Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I’m happy I’m not the only one, I had the “ violated terms and conditions..” excuse just as I was preparing to redeem a £25 Amazon voucher. I complained, they said there was no doubt I’d violated, I appealed but no reply, probably blocked me. So angry and upset, I was really counting on that £25. 
  • I too have had my account ‘cancelled’ by LifePoints.

Disappointing as like others above, I’ve been a member for years and it had been a steady earner for me during that time. I’m just thankful I’d redeemed the the £25 Amazon voucher earlier this week and consequently only lost a few points as a result.

It’s clearly not a reliable site for UK members anymore.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback