Quidco and Bonus Cashback

Options
I have been a user and its fair to say an advocate of Quidco for many years.  I have had some issues, but they normally get sorted.  Occasionally there are huge issues and I recently had one which I feel I need to share with you all.  The offer was spend anything over £700 at Samsung and get a £100 bonus on top of the cashback (about £37), so £137 in total.  This obviously made the purchase of the Tab S8+ a lot more attractive!  Anyway, a few weeks down the line and Samsung have refused the cashback due as they are claiming they cant see Quidco as the referrer, even though the transaction tracked properly through Quidco it was genuinely done through them and was completely valid!  Quidco wont investigate any more so that's it and I am out of pocket!  I am suspicious that Samsung are just trying to avoid paying the cashback, but when talking about such a large amount it is serious stuff.  I am also a little suspicious about Quidco, but I honestly hope this is not the case and they are being honest with me and not just pocketing the cash.  There do appear to be lost of cash bonuses in recent months from Quidco and I am now getting very suspicious about these, lets see what happens with them, only time will tell.  I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts and if they had encountered any similar issues.  Matt
Titch :)

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 December 2022 at 2:17PM
    Options
    You say your out of pocket, but your not, you haven’t received cash back. 

Sadly cash back is never guaranteed and is a nice bonus if you get it, it’s the same when I shop through BA to get avios points, occasionally one won’t pay out as it’s not tracked properly, annoying but it happens. 

I also clear all my iPad every now and again as sometimes if I have looked at something a few times and then gone back in via TCB, BA etc it doesn’t track. 

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mattgod69
    mattgod69 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 December 2022 at 12:06AM
    Options
    I know what you are saying Sarah and for the most part I agree with you, it is not guaranteed and is a bonus.  However, I think that when large amounts are offered (and they are a big incentive) they have a slightly different inference or status to the 'normal' few pounds and save for clear issues if the transaction tracks properly etc the cashback should be honoured.  I am very suspicious as the transaction has been declined (and there have been no issues before with the retailer) and wonder if the retailer (or the cashback site) just decided they didnt want to honour the bonus... just get the additional custom this would inevitably bring.  
    Titch :)
  • aylesby
    aylesby Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Is this a record or a typo

Based on a September 2022 purchase I am being quoted an estimated payment date in February 2024 
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just tried to login on my account. I am 100% sure I typed the right UN and password. But it did not allow me to login.
    There an option to reset you passover using registered email. I tried it but nothing arrive in my email.
    Does anyone else also face the same problem ? How did you fix it ??

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback