Bought a Christmas Voucher from Nifti Gifts, is it legit

Options
textbook
textbook Posts: 582 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 3 January 2023 at 5:18PM in Code not found

Bought a Christmas voucher for Garden Centres from Nifti gifts,  just googled gift vouchers and went for it but have i been scammed?   I printed off the PDF file but there's no bar code, just voucher number, issue date and niftigifts/redeem web address listed to doon he PDF print out.   Would my mum just show it at a garden centre like that?  What does she need to do?   

What does the word- 'redeem' actually mean too?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 December 2022 at 6:32AM
    Options
    textbook said:

Bought a Christmas voucher for Garden Centres from Nifti gifts,  just googled gift vouchers and went for it but have i been scammed?   I printed off the PDF file but there's no bar code, just voucher number, issue date and niftigifts/redeem web address listed to doon he PDF print out.   Would my mum just show it at a garden centre like that?  What does she need to do?   

Very odd website, no contact details would ring alarm bells and the t&c’s are questionable.

Never seen a gift voucher where you have to buy the product first and then redeem the money back from them? That’s how it looks but to be honest, who knows!

From the t&c’s 
    1. Where you are the recipient and to be redeeming the voucher directly, please retain your product receipt as proof of purchase; this shall be required when redeeming. The voucher can be redeemed through https://nifti.gifts/redeem/. The cash value redeemed will be sent to you via bank transfer or PayPal within five working days of receipt of your request to your personal account; no business accounts shall be accepted. You will be required to input payment details at the time of redemption; it is your responsibility to ensure that these are correct; we shall have no liability for issuing payments to the incorrect person where you have entered incorrect details. We will require consent and ID confirmation where the redeemer is any third party, not the recipient named on the receipt, and the voucher cannot be transferred to another person. We may contact your business after receiving a product receipt to prevent fraudulent activities; if the business is not willing to talk to us, we have the right to refuse the redemption.

From their t&c’s
    *Please note that these vouchers can be redeemed by uploading a receipt by the recipient. The acceptance of these vouchers is at the redeeming business’s discretion. While any business within the industry the vouchers are valid can redeem these gift vouchers, we do not guarantee that every business will accept them. It is essential that the gift voucher recipient checks with their chosen business directly to find out if they will accept the voucher before the commencement of their purchase or have available funds to pay for such service and claim the value back with a receipt.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • textbook
    textbook Posts: 582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2022 at 9:56AM
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    textbook said:

Very odd website, no contact details would ring alarm bells and the t&c’s are questionable.

Never seen a gift voucher where you have to buy the product first and then redeem the money back from them? That’s how it looks but to be honest, who knows!

From the t&c’s 
    1. Where you are the recipient and to be redeeming the voucher directly, please retain your product receipt as proof of purchase; this shall be required when redeeming. The voucher can be redeemed through https://nifti.gifts/redeem/. The cash value redeemed will be sent to you via bank transfer or PayPal within five working days of receipt of your request to your personal account; no business accounts shall be accepted. You will be required to input payment details at the time of redemption; it is your responsibility to ensure that these are correct; we shall have no liability for issuing payments to the incorrect person where you have entered incorrect details. We will require consent and ID confirmation where the redeemer is any third party, not the recipient named on the receipt, and the voucher cannot be transferred to another person. We may contact your business after receiving a product receipt to prevent fraudulent activities; if the business is not willing to talk to us, we have the right to refuse the redemption.

From their t&c’s
    *Please note that these vouchers can be redeemed by uploading a receipt by the recipient. The acceptance of these vouchers is at the redeeming business’s discretion. While any business within the industry the vouchers are valid can redeem these gift vouchers, we do not guarantee that every business will accept them. It is essential that the gift voucher recipient checks with their chosen business directly to find out if they will accept the voucher before the commencement of their purchase or have available funds to pay for such service and claim the value back with a receipt.
    I'll try and get money refunded.  May have just wasted £50.   Think I got Norton anti virus on my computer too after going on site.  Virus!

Shall I try and redeem (get money into my bank account)  then buy her another voucher?

Can I call my bank and get money refunded?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    textbook said:
    sarah1972 said:
    textbook said:

From the t&c’s 

From their t&c’s
    I'll try and get money refunded.  May have just wasted £50.   Think I got Norton anti virus on my computer too after going on site.  Virus!

Shall I try and redeem (get money into my bank account)  then buy her another voucher?

Can I call my bank and get money refunded?
    Try and get a refund from them first is my suggestion. Then buy your mum a voucher from a long-standing reputable company. 
    If they won’t refund you then do a claim from your card. 

That’s what I would do but it’s only my opinion. 

Good luck x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 December 2022 at 1:40PM
    Options
    Very odd website, no contact details would ring alarm bells

We/Us/Our” means New Driver Programme Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under number 09981078, whose registered office address is 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, England, W1W 7LT.

But is a virtual office set up

https://thelondonoffice.com/about-us

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09981078

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13402772

https://www.companieshousedata.co.uk/a/138

The original Nifti Gifts was at the point of compulsory strike off then it was discontinued, The directors don't have fingers in many pies but certainly don't have a real presence, everything done through accommodation addresses.

• intune2blue
    Options
    I did exactly the same thing using this website (its name is very like nifty gifts - who seem to be legit and who came up in a quick search to find reviews)  - in a hurry to get a garden voucher for a gift.
    My payment is still 'pending' - can I cancel it somehow? 
    I cant give to the person I bought it for unless I know its legit. 

• GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Read the about Us page. Doesn't exactly instill a great deal of confidence in them. Yes I would try and get a refund. 
  • TOPSie2
    Options
    My daughter fell for this and sent a £20 "voucher" to her aunt, who called me to save my daughter embarrassment. 
    This is obviously a very silly idea, having the end person having to give out bank details and raising all sorts of suspicions.
    But I decided to risk it. I went through the process sending a picture of a random receipt (for more than £20) and using disposable details (an email account I use when I expect spam) and gave an almost dormant Paypal account to receive the £20. I didn't expect a reply, but about a week later I got one from "Nifti Gifts powered by Freshdesk Support Desk " acknowledging my request but saying they couldn't use PayPal "for security reasons". So I gave out some bank details (a secondary and little used account ) with some trepidation. Next they wanted to communicate with my daughter to check she knew me!!! Which she did.
    After another set of communications with Freshdesk I today received £20.
    The sender was New Driver Programme Ltd - which on searching is another company registered to the same two guys from Nifti Gifts. Looks like a similar "voucher" based thing.
    I can't see this being a great business model - but I eventually "cashed in" the voucher. Now I will keep a careful eye on my account. I have all their details to report to the bank/police/trading standards if there is any suspicious activity.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback