advance application for Oyster 60+

I will be eligible for this in the spring. Does anyone know how far in advance of the 60th birthday applications are accepted? I don't know how long TFL takes to process them. I already have an Oyster account for pay as you go.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 8,917
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You can apply 2 weeks before your 60th according to TFL. 

You could post date the forms and send a little earlier if you get any idea of the backlog (though the 2 weeks may factor that in) but risk it being rejected if its processed more than 2 weeks before
  • I've recently applied for mine - the option to apply online appeared 13 days before my birthday.  I think TfL are still considering increasing the age eligibility (slowly) for this card so keep an eye out for news on this.
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,197
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    As others say it is two weeks before your birthday. Apply as soon as you can as you should be able to use it as soon as you receive it even if before your birthday. When I applied there was an option to tick to automatically apply for the freedom pass when eligible for that. I ticked that option but it didn't work. The council was not contacted automatically and I had to apply for the freedom pass myself which took time. So if that option is still there, don't rely on it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback