online purchase cost is more than the price label of item I received

Options
I bought some underwear online from M&S at £20, when I opened the package when I got home, I noticed the label on product was marked at £18. 
Is there anything I can do to get a refund on the difference?
Just asking

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    joanie3 said:
    I bought some underwear online from M&S at £20, when I opened the package when I got home, I noticed the label on product was marked at £18. 
    Just asking
    Ask M&S ? Worth a try.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,677 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 4 December 2022 at 9:28PM
    Options
    joanie3 said:
    Just asking
    It is a criminal offence to charge a higher price for products that are clearly marked with a visible lower price - but when buying online, it's rare to actually see the price, which rather scuppers any attempt to use that as an argument.

I had a similar experience with John Lewis (bought online, goods were obviously 'older stock' and had the previous price on them), who refunded promptly when I sent them a picture of the item concerned, so asking M&S as already suggested may well resolve the niggle.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • joanie3
    joanie3 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks to both of you, I did take a picture of price on packet, but couldn't find a suitable email address, so phoned instead, very easy and they agreed to pay the £2 difference back onto my m&s credit card. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback