one week after my br

Options
:D went br last monday, i was nervous and upset and did not sleep the night before. i had many kind words of support on this site but still very nervous. i was in court 2 hours start to finish. when i got out i felt very strange as if it didnt sink in what i had done, i felt numb.
although it was a great i was debt free i had worries a about the OR interview and i felt very glum and unhappy. i though i would be so much happier but i wasn't. it is so hard to go br, the feelings after will take some time to heal. my situation was 7 years of worries, debts, stress lack of sleep and pretending to my children i was happy and crying when they went to bed because i could not cope.
one week on my mood is lifting, i have sorted all the information requested from the or and will have my interview on 2nd jan. i am nervous of that but i am coping with that as i have nothing to hide. i am looking forward to christmas with my family this year and will be relaxed as i can be. and i am really looking forward now to a debt free life and a hope of early discharge, and finally closure of my ex-husband and the past 7 years. it's hard to do but im glad i did it. here's to a new start and a happy christmas and wonderful new year to us all.
thanks for listerning.:j
:j

Comments

• backontheup
    Options
    Indeed. Here's to your happy Xmas and a life of not hiding anymore. Its going to be a great new year x
    DISCHARGED 12th December 2007:T

BSC Member #91

Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • Scarlett.1974
    Options
    :beer:

Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy (and debt free) new year :D

:xmassign:
    You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that :p

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • lilly62
    Options
    I've been bankrupt for one week as well and feel just the same as you! Initial euphoria for about 6 hours then numb, nothing really, bit of an anti-climax I suppose. I am happy to be debt free but nothing else has changed in my life, still have no money, just scraping by on benefits until I'm well enough to go back to work. I have my Or phone call on the 27th Dec at 9am. Think once thats over I'll be able to look forward to next year and hope things improve.
    I hope you feel better about things soon and have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Lil. x :beer:
  • tcalamity
    Options
    and to you. hope your or interview goes well and happy new start.:j
    :j
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wishing you both all the best for 2008 I am sure it will be much better than 2007.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • sweeper12
    Options
    I went BR in January and knowing that I would soon have a fresh start - bye bye ex and his debts that he dumped on me - made last Christmas my most relaxed for a long time. This year, nearly discharged, willl be even better.

I know it's hard but you will soon be free of all the worry and will be able to restart your life again.

Good luck x
  • josoap_2
    Options
    Hi, Im new to the site and have also just went bankrupt, was in court two weeks ago, got letter from OR today requesting information, am really scared my bank account will be frozen as i've standing order for rent and direct debits plus my wages are paid in, have been to two banks who refused to open a new account, im worried my wages will be frozen when they come in on friday. the C.A.B assured me my bank wouldnt freeze account! help!!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    What is the account that CAB said should be OK to keep, and with what bank?

And which banks did you try to open a new account at and got refused?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • squirrel_pigeon
    Options
    josoap wrote: »
    Hi, Im new to the site and have also just went bankrupt, was in court two weeks ago, got letter from OR today requesting information, am really scared my bank account will be frozen as i've standing order for rent and direct debits plus my wages are paid in, have been to two banks who refused to open a new account, im worried my wages will be frozen when they come in on friday. the C.A.B assured me my bank wouldnt freeze account! help!!

Hiya josoap. Welcome to the site.

Who are you banking with at the moment?
    All comments made and advice given are my own opinions and do not represent the views or advice of any debt advice organisation.

Current balance: approx £17500 including Tax Credit Overpayment :cry:

Estimated DFD: never - deficit budget. Cheers HMRC! :mad:

Another year over and we're still together. It's not always easy, but I'm here forever
  • squirrel_pigeon
    Options
    Beat me Fermi :D
    All comments made and advice given are my own opinions and do not represent the views or advice of any debt advice organisation.

Current balance: approx £17500 including Tax Credit Overpayment :cry:

Estimated DFD: never - deficit budget. Cheers HMRC! :mad:

Another year over and we're still together. It's not always easy, but I'm here forever
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure