Section 75 Associated Costs claim

Can anyone help/advise?
In July 2022 Dream World Travel went into liquidation, we had flights booked with them which we purchased in June 2022 (using our MBNA Credit Card).  Dream World Travel  did not notify us to say they had ceased trading and our tickets had not been issued; we only found this out when we arrived at the airport on the 23rd October to be told at the check in desk we did not have tickets.  We therefore had to purchase tickets again (i did this using my Father-in Law's credit card).  MBNA have requested the money back for the original tickets, but where do we stand in making a claim for the "associated expenses/costs" incurred as a result of Dream World Travel no longer trading, hence we had to buy new, tickets ?  MBNA have said S.75 does not qualify due to the terms and conditions of Dream World Travel.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What associated expenses/costs? 

You are getting the original cost back from MBNA and you chose to rebook at the airport at your own cost so I can’t see any expenses that you are looking to claim? 

Did you not check that you had your tickets before leaving to get to the airport? I certainly would always make sure I either had my e-tickets or physical tickets way before travel. 

If you are thinking about the difference in original price and the new price paid at the airport, not sure where you stand as you haven’t actually paid for them (‘it will be your father in law) and it’s your choice that you agreed to purchase new tickets.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I understand what your saying, but had it not been for the fact Dream World Travel went into liquidation I would not have incurred additional costs- i.e.flights again double the price.  Whilst it was my choice it was either buy flights again or completely lose all of our holiday. 
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 November 2022 at 5:24PM
    Rsh001 said:
    I understand what you’re saying, but had it not been for the fact Dream World Travel went into liquidation I would not have incurred additional costs- i.e.flights again double the price.  Whilst it was my choice it was either buy flights again or completely lose all of our holiday. 
    I know exactly what you mean but the chances of getting a few pennies in the pound from a liquidated company won’t be easy. I think you file a claim with the liquidator and then go on the list after all the creditors 

It seems odd that you had no tickets either? When I buy my flights I get tickets instantly (although that wouldn’t be any good if the airline had gone bust). I don’t understand why you didn’t get airline tickets so at least then you could have shown the actual airline your valid tickets.

I also agree with you that they were your only option once you had got to the airport which must of been a nightmare for you and stressful. 

Good luck and hopefully some knowledgeable members will help you out x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback