Train strikes 16th Dec & 17th Dec

Options
We’ve booked to go to London to Winter Wonder land on the 17th & there is possible train strikes. We live too far away to drive & have 2 little ones.

Unfortunately Winterwonder land in their terms & conditions do not give refunds for cancellations nor do they let you change the date.

we’ve tried to contact them with no luck as contact form isn’t going through.

has any got any suggestions? We don’t want to lose our money which we’ve paid for the booking but unless the strike is cancelled we can’t go.

Comments

• luvchocolate
    Options
    I'm absolutely disgusted with the dates..so many people loosing a lot of money on booked outings and not to mention the disappointment. 
    Sorry I can't help you my family are affected too 
  • surreysaver
    Options
    Think of the money you'll save by not going into Winter Wonderland. And all the stress of not having to force your way through the crowds
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • clive0510
    Options
    what are they striking about now?  how much do they all ready get paid? far more than I do, working in a cold n draughty garage. 
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 November 2022 at 11:10PM
    Options

Think of the money you'll save by not going into Winter Wonderland. And all the stress of not having to force your way through the crowds
    Not sure this will help OP?
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    clive0510 said:
    what are they striking about now?  how much do they all ready get paid? far more than I do, working in a cold n draughty garage. 
    Its station staff, not the drivers, who are on strike on those days 
  • Sleazy
    Sleazy Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Do the RMT strikes affect all Train Operating Companies?
    I was planning to travel from Southampton on December 16th to East Croydon and when the ASLEF strikes happened it was still possible using a Southern service as for some reason they weren't striking (I suspect because their trains and Thameslink are one man operated anyway).

I'm not sure whether the planned RMT action affects other railway infrastructure such as stations and signalling.

• Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sleazy said:
    Do the RMT strikes affect all Train Operating Companies?
    I was planning to travel from Southampton on December 16th to East Croydon and when the ASLEF strikes happened it was still possible using a Southern service as for some reason they weren't striking (I suspect because their trains and Thameslink are one man operated anyway).

I'm not sure whether the planned RMT action affects other railway infrastructure such as stations and signalling.

It's the signalling staff which closes down most of the railway, along with the guards

However based on what has been run on previous RMT strikes you should be able to get to East Croydon from Southampton, changing at Clapham [if Southern are running from Victoria] or paying extra to change in London.
    [Or going via Wimbledon for the tram]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure