AirBnB in Edinburgh

As an occasional renter of a room in my house, through AirBnB, I see the Council now want everyone to apply for a Special Licence at a cost of £120 per year per occupant.  Does anyone know what that means?  Am I the occupant, is the guest an occupant, if it's a double room are there two occupants?  All a bit misleading.


  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Not very clear is it, is it maybe the maximum amount of guests that would be occupying the room? That would make sense, the more guests you have staying, the more you'd pay. I think you'll have to contact the council directly to find out, and at the same time point out how they could make it a little bit clearer.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards