Natwest Collections

Options
Hello, hope everyone is keeping alright.

I was wondering who else has had dealings with the collections arm of Natwest. When I started my DMP back in 2018 I gave Stepchange details of all my debts including this £200 overdraft with Natwest and despite a bit of back and forth over email with someone at Stepchange I wasn't able to get this included in my plan. Without going right back through my emails it was something to do with Natwest not confirming an account number I believe. So this debt has sat on my DMP summary as zero paid, zero owing for the duration. The Natwest loan and credit card were included with no issue although these were pretty much immediately put into default and went to Lowell.

I'm thankfully in a far better position nowadays and am able to repay this £200 in full but I'm no longer a customer and I cannot find any information anywhere on how to get in touch with this specific collections department. They've never written to me about it beyond 2018, they don't phone up to chase it or anything. I just want to pay it back and have done with it. I tried the useless chatbot on the website but it was no help. I'm stumped, has anyone had any success getting in touch with them rather than the general customer services line?

Thanks
DMP started: Sept 2018
Original Debt: £27,684
Current Debt (Jul 2023): £5,808

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't know if you've already tried on the chatbot but I usually ask to speak to a human. That (usually) works.
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you wait two years it will become statute barred so you may decide to simply ignore it.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I wouldn`t bother worrying myself about £200 quid.

If they want you to pay it, whoever owns the debt will write to you, until then concentrate on what you can pay off.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    What used to happen is that Natwest rolled the loan and overdraft into one debt and sold it on.

If that didn't happen and they haven't contacted you for 4 years it's possible that this is all lost in the mists of time.

The £200 is better in your account.
  • the-mrs
    the-mrs Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wouldn`t bother worrying myself about £200 quid.

If they want you to pay it, whoever owns the debt will write to you, until then concentrate on what you can pay off.
    Is there any chance that down the line they could default it? That's my only other concern as my defaults are 4 years old and it'd be a real kick in the teeth to get a new one.
    DMP started: Sept 2018
    Original Debt: £27,684
    Current Debt (Jul 2023): £5,808
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family