We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dodgy YouGov email - You made the news!

Options
I'm not sure if it's genuine or not, but I've just had an email apparently from YouGov titled "You made the news!".
It says "The results of a survey you participated in have just been published in several news articles." and contains links which aren't to YouGov.
Plus I don't recall participating in the particular survey it mentions.

Comments

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    What was the exact email address you received it from? The one you see when hovering over it - not the one displayed on screen?
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sort of thing that used to be sent out by some survey sites - the "you" is simply site members/the company - doesn't mean you completed a particular survey
  • Targa777
    Targa777 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got that email today too. 
    I think it is genuine as it came from YouGov.com email address.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback