Remortgage / land reg problem Scotland

dotchasdotchas Forumite
2.5K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hope someone can help please.
We are a couple of months through a remortgage on a BTL.
Things have moved very slowly.
Now the solicitor for the new provider are saying they need "a plan" for the land registry at a cost of nearly £500!
The one they got was not coloured so the flat could not be identified, we sent the disposition that we had which was coloured but they are saying its not sufficient but not saying why.
Is this genuine or are they trying to make money?
Thanks in advance 
:j I love bargains:j
I love MSE

Replies

• user1977user1977 Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If the remortgage is triggering first registration, and the property is described by reference to a plan, then the plan needs to comply with the Land Register's criteria. Without us seeing the plan I'm not sure any of us can really advise further.

The Disposition you sent, was that the original one? A colour photocopy? A B&W copy which somebody had then coloured in? In any event, the plan might still not be adequate and a new one needed. A plan on its own should cost closer to £100 than £500 - or is that the total extra cost for dealing with first registration?
  • dotchasdotchas Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Forumite

They state........If it is not suitable, we then must obtain a suitable plan. That work will incur further fees (currently estimated at £260 plus vat, although subject to change) and an outlay of £150 to the plan provider. 

Not sure what the £260 is for so will ask for a breakdown and pay up as it seems the plan is not suitable probably too old and needs updating. 

Thanks for your help. 
    I love MSE
  • user1977user1977 Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dotchas said:

Not sure what the £260 is for so will ask for a breakdown 

It'll just be for their additional time dealing with the issue.
  • dotchasdotchas Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Forumite
    Yes its for dealing with this £130 an hour! Discounted from £260 an hour!  His grammar and spelling are atrocious too. Which is partly why we çouldnt work it all out.
    Im in the wrong bloody job.:(
    I love MSE
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    dotchas said:
    Yes its for dealing with this £130 an hour! Discounted from £260 an hour!  His grammar and spelling are atrocious too. Which is partly why we çouldnt work it all out.
    Im in the wrong bloody job.:(

Aside from that money doesn't go into the fee earner's pocket, unfortunately the firm take most of it to help pay overheads, insurance, equipment and numerous other things.