2022 MSE Annual Census

Options
Poll started 25 October 2022

So who are MoneySavers? For the ninth year running, rather than data mining, we reckon the politest way to find out is just to ask. Plus, we think you may like to find out a little bit more about who else uses this site (or more accurately, who uses this site and answers the polls).

Click here to take part. 

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
Thanks!

Comments

• gloriouslyhappy
    Options
    Interesting but not many surprises. 
  • SuzeQStan
    SuzeQStan Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Options
    Bit disappointed to see the relative lack of diversity on MSE.
    Lancashire
    PV 5.04kWp 
    🐙 Go

Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.

• consolidate
    Options
    GB News has a total of 73 votes as of 1000 on 26th October in various formats under the 'other' option, this is more than many of the other listed providers. It was a similar situation last time you asked people where they get their news from. So why is there not an option to select GB News from the published list?
  • punkphloyd
    Options
    Neither atheist nor agnostic are religious beliefs and shouldn't be included as such in Question 6.
  • punkphloyd
    Options
    GB News has a total of 73 votes as of 1000 on 26th October in various formats under the 'other' option, this is more than many of the other listed providers. It was a similar situation last time you asked people where they get their news from. So why is there not an option to select GB News from the published list?
    Christ, that's depressing isn't it. 
  • WeeShivvy
    Options
    It is concerning to see how few under 35s are using MSE (and taking part in the poll, of course) given that they are the demographic most likely to face considerable financial instability in the near future. I am genuinely surprised at the figures for the over 60s, thought there would be fewer in this group!
  • punkphloyd
    Options
    WeeShivvy said:
    It is concerning to see how few under 35s are using MSE (and taking part in the poll, of course) given that they are the demographic most likely to face considerable financial instability in the near future. I am genuinely surprised at the figures for the over 60s, thought there would be fewer in this group!
    I think a lot of us accept that we're knackered whatever we do. We've been saddled with the worst of all worlds due to decisions well beyond our control (and taken before most of us were alive). 
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting but not many surprises. 
    Dunno, was a little surprised that the vast majority complaining about being asked about gender rather than sex state that they are female.
  • staggered
    Options
    SuzeQStan said:
    Bit disappointed to see the relative lack of diversity on MSE.
    Me too.  Over 70% of respondents said they were over 45.  Nearly 60% are degree-educated. Only 18% said that they had dependent children.  So, a lot of the people that I think would most benefit from moneysaving aren't represented.

I think the income split is a bit more representative (around 50% have an income of less than £30k) although that might reflect the large number of pensioners.

Only 0.4% are hindu (compared with 1.6% of the UK population) and only 0.4% muslim (compared with over 4% of the UK population).  Both a bit disappointing.

Also, the 35 people who refused to state their gender (TERFs who don't recognise the concept of "gender") sound incredibly angry and, above all, silly!
  • ircE
    ircE Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    As an under-35 I think it's important to remember that few of us grew up with forums and use forums today - people like me who are interested in the kind of content provided by MSE are more likely to use more Gen Z friendly sources like reddit, TikTok, etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback