We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Vehicle repossession
davebrown
Posts: 70 Forumite
I'm sat looking at the bankruptcy application forms 6.28 and am reading the part where i disclose what vehicles i/'ve own/ed.
Apart from the financial pile of dung i've got myself into I also lost my drivers license over xmas and sold the car to a family member in april. I'm a bit worried that when I speak to the OR that it is in his power to reposess the car from my family and sell it on. Its only worth about 3k and I did sell it for what I bought it for so I wasnt trying to pull a fast one, selling assets before filing...
Anyone any knowledge of what their attitude is likely to be towards this situation?
Apart from the financial pile of dung i've got myself into I also lost my drivers license over xmas and sold the car to a family member in april. I'm a bit worried that when I speak to the OR that it is in his power to reposess the car from my family and sell it on. Its only worth about 3k and I did sell it for what I bought it for so I wasnt trying to pull a fast one, selling assets before filing...
Anyone any knowledge of what their attitude is likely to be towards this situation?
0
Comments
-
They might not look to kindly on it but don't think they can take it off the person you've sold it to, can they?2p off is still 2p off!0
-
Give it to your brother and back date the pink slip to a few months back!
That will show you sold the vehicle on so and so date, before you went bankrupt.
Wont look like your trying to get rid of it quick for bankruptcy.I'm not poor i'm just skint0 -
boogiemaster wrote:Give it to your brother and back date the pink slip to a few months back!
That will show you sold the vehicle on so and so date, before you went bankrupt.
Wont look like your trying to get rid of it quick for bankruptcy.
OP has already sold it.
I wouldn't worry about it. You sold it when you lost your licence. Who too doesn't matter. Just tell the truth.
Regards
XXbigman's guide to a happy life.
Eat properly
Sleep properly
Save some money0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards