MSE Poll: How much mobile data do you use in a month?

Options
Poll started 18 October 2022

Mobile phones are an essential part of everyday life for many, with streaming, gaming, social networking and more all increasingly done on data-hungry mobiles. According to a recent Ofcom report, the average person uses 5GB a month, however when we last ran this poll back in January, we found it to be around 3GB a month. We want to compare and see if this has also changed for you.

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
Thanks!

Comments

• lean&mean
    lean&mean Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2022 at 5:46PM
    Options
    The only tricky bit with this poll is that I typically use 1-2GB but occasionally go up to 5GB, so I didn't really fit into the categories in the poll.  I opted for a higher limit, so I don't get stung by my network provider.  At present I have a 30GB monthly contract, way more than I need, but it wasn't any more expensive when I took it out. 
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Most of the time, I'm at home or at work, and both have WiFi.  Hotels and conference centres all have WiFi now.
    As someone who isn't permanently glued to my phone while walking along, that means I end up using very little data most of the time.
    The only time I get near my data limit is when visiting my Mum for a few days.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback