Martin Lewis: New guide to set up a warm space – somewhere for people to come in from the cold.

MSE_Eesha
MSE_Eesha Posts: 162 MSE Staff
First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes BUT shouldn't we be trying to ensure that everyone can afford things in their own homes? By just accepting everything (in a typically British fashion) like food banks in the 21st century - we are complicit with the government's idea of what is good for our society.

We should NOT have to be living like this. Schoolchildren going without meals because their parents can't afford to feed them and nor can they afford to buy them a school dinner. 

What can we do?? I am really at a loss. The state of our country cannot be allowed to continue but we need to get people in positions of power moving to try to make things better for the people in our country who cannot afford to live, eat, keep warm or feed their families.

Warm spaces, yes. In the short term. But please can we all try to aim a bit (a lot) higher?? I don't have the answer. But Martin, you can help! Please?
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback