Amazon 'Prime Early Access Sale' - is it any good? MSE Deals team's analysis

Options
MSE_Laura_F
MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,570 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
Amazon has begun its Prime Early Access Sale, which lasts for two days and ends at 11.59pm on Wed 12 Oct.

The MSE Deals team has crunched the numbers and come up with its analysis. You can read the full rundown here:

Amazon 'Prime Early Access Sale'
Including £17 Echo Dot (normally £40)

But to sum up, here's what they say about whether the deals are any good:

"It's a bit of a mixed bag – generally, prices are similar to what we saw during the Prime Day sale in July. Though some are the cheapest we've ever seen, and some were actually cheaper during Prime Day. It's not a bad time to buy Amazon devices if you're after one and can't wait to see what Black Friday prices are, but overall we'd say it's a bit of a damp squib."

If you spot any great deals, or any disappointitng duds, please let us know.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 October 2022 at 5:04PM
    Options
    10p a wash is usually my go to price for dishwasher tabs so grabbed these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finish-Dishwasher-Tablets-Lemon-Scent/dp/B01D4R2SRI?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_03949175_82&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

not going to set the world alight but still a saving 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • blagoslovljena
    Options
    Disappointing! 

I bought a Kindle for Kids in Amazon’s Black Friday sale for around £55 a couple of years ago, and was hoping for a similar discount in the Prime sale this autumn. But due to Amazon releasing a new model, they aren’t doing the discount, and the Paperwhite Kids one is still prohibitively expensive even with a few quid being knocked off.

My son wants a Kindle for his birthday in December, but I’m not paying £100!
  • sarah1972
    Options
    Disappointing! 

I bought a Kindle for Kids in Amazon’s Black Friday sale for around £55 a couple of years ago, and was hoping for a similar discount in the Prime sale this autumn. But due to Amazon releasing a new model, they aren’t doing the discount, and the Paperwhite Kids one is still prohibitively expensive even with a few quid being knocked off.

My son wants a Kindle for his birthday in December, but I’m not paying £100!
    It may go down for Black Friday? 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    edited 11 October 2022 at 5:24PM
    Options
  • MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Says £75 when I click?
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MACKEM99 said:
    Says £75 when I click?
    This thread is from October 2022, 18 months ago.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback