PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hi - Can anyone recommend a reliable mini washing machine that does not need plumbing in

Options
bundance
bundance Posts: 1,114 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 10 October 2022 at 8:48AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi
Can anyone recommend a reliable mini washing machine that does not need plumbing in for clothes, bedding etc.
I am happy to use a non electric one.
I would like one that does not leak, as I am in a top floor flat.
My kitchen is really small. 
I may also need a spin dryer if anyone can recommend one of those as well. 
My washing rack just fits over the bath, and I have no shower, but I do shower at the gym a few times a week for swimming/exercise.
Many kind thanks

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,591 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Would a camping washing machine or twin tub be suitable?  Having said that I'm not sure they'd be big enough to wash sheets and can only do a few bits at a time but might be worth checking out.

I used to have a manual one where you turned a handle to agitate the washing but no idea if they are still available.

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    bundance said:
    Given its not going to be plumbed in a leak wouldnt be the level of problem it is with mains plumbing... not saying that anyone wants a leaky washing machine!

Argos and such have a few different camping washing machine options that will tick your boxes.
  • bundance
    Options
    bundance said:
    Given its not going to be plumbed in a leak wouldnt be the level of problem it is with mains plumbing... not saying that anyone wants a leaky washing machine!

Argos and such have a few different camping washing machine options that will tick your boxes.
    I like the idea of those washers, but amazon reviews say there were leaks from these plumbing free machines, which would be a problem in a top floor flat. :)
  • bundance
    Options
    joedenise said:
    Would a camping washing machine or twin tub be suitable?  Having said that I'm not sure they'd be big enough to wash sheets and can only do a few bits at a time but might be worth checking out.

I used to have a manual one where you turned a handle to agitate the washing but no idea if they are still available.

I looked on amazon re: twin tubs, some reviewers reported leaks, even though they were plumb free.
    I spent 2 years hand washing. The old owner removed the washing-machine-stand-pipe from my flat, dunno why.
    There are manual ones on amazon, they sound cool, less electric.
  • timehastoldme
    Options
    Would a camping one fit in your bath? Leaking less of an issue?
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,591 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The manual one I had years ago used to sit on the draining board and don't remember any leaks as the water just went into the sink.

• bundance
    Options
    joedenise said:
    The manual one I had years ago used to sit on the draining board and don't remember any leaks as the water just went into the sink.

That sounds great. 
    With energy prices rising this year, I would imagine turning the handle on a manual machine would warm me up :)
  • bundance
    Options
    Would a camping one fit in your bath? Leaking less of an issue?
    That's a good idea, thank you. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure