Engagement party

Options
ironlady2022
ironlady2022 Posts: 1,544 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I'm in a team of 4. Colleague A been with us for 14mo, rest of the team, I've been working with for 6yrs.

Anyway, he got engaged recently and is having a engagement party end of Jan. My other 2 colleagues have both confirmed their attendance with their other half. 

Me and my other half who don't live together are both invited. I don't want to go, can't think of anything worst. My other half obv knows our history. 

Was thinking of telling him I can't go and not giving a reason. 

We are not party goers or big drinkers. But just don't want to feel like i don't fit in. 

Am I over thinking? 

Comments

• Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TBH better just to say "sorry we won't be able to join you for the party, have a lovely time, congratulations on your engagement"  -

I long ago gave up giving a reason why I wasn't attending an event as to do so something had to be made up - felt it was better to say nothing than to say "I don't want to go"
  • ironlady2022
    ironlady2022 Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TBH better just to say "sorry we won't be able to join you for the party, have a lovely time, congratulations on your engagement"  -

I long ago gave up giving a reason why I wasn't attending an event as to do so something had to be made up - felt it was better to say nothing than to say "I don't want to go"
    Thank you so much. That's a perfect response to keep it amicable and yes I don't need to give a reason.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback