Etsy order issue - wrong gift received
in Ebay, auctions, car boot sales, post & parcels
2 replies 431 views
I wonder if someone can offer any advice on a problematic Etsy purchase.
- I found a bespoke gift I liked on Etsy for my wife’s 50th birthday.
- The estimated delivery on that particular Etsy site was 20th September and my wife’s bday was 15th September.
- However the seller said she should be able to do it in time for the 50th birthday party 15th and the party that day
- The package arrived but I didn’t check it as it was bubble wrapped and in a large cardboard box so I wrapped it (on the 15th). I then presented it to my wife in front of friends and family only for it to be someone else’s bespoke gift. Clearly a mess up someone else’s order and delivery addresses
- I emailed the seller straight away saying I was very disappointed and quite frankly embarrassed as this was the big 50th gift and was presented in front of friends and family only for it to be a random other person. I asked for a refund
- The seller said that as it was bespoke and that it could be redelivered inside the initial delivery time as detailed on the site (20th Sept) that she won’t process the refund.
- I would argue that I wanted the gift for the birthday on the 15th (as agreed) so my timeline was the 15th Sept not the 20th Sept. Had the seller told me it couldn’t be done for the birthday on the 15th I wouldn’t have ordered it and in any case upon delivery the gift wasn’t as described as it was someone else’s.
- Could anyone detail my rights? Am I eligible for a refund as the moment for presenting the gift has now passed
Latest MSE News and Guides
Did you know there's an MSE app?
It's free & available on iOS & AndroidMSE App
Regifting: good idea or not?
Add your two cents to the discussionMSE Forum
Energy Price Guarantee calculator
How much you'll likely pay from AprilMSE Tools
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.