Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Buying bridesmaid dresses online??

Where have people bought their bridesmaids dresses? We went into London, Oxford Street, Regent Street hoping to see a range of dresses and find something appropriate but in store there is very little choice.

Online there are many dress websites but I just haven't heard of them before, just wondering if anyone has used one of these, e.g. JJs House, and if so what was the experience like?

Thanks in advance,

Replies

• MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi, my friend's daughter bought hers from Debenhams and they were lovely. Of course the bridesmaids were different sizes but they were able to provide all the dresses. The Debenhams store in our city has now closed down but they are still online, of course.

There's also House of Frazer. But it all depends on how much you're wanting to spend.

I guess you could do a google search as well? 

There are some suggestions from Glamour magazine in the following link -

https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/gallery/bridesmaid-dresses-online
  • isarhaneisarhane Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    Hi, maybe bridalgowns help you. 
  • edited 29 September at 11:02AM
    EmmiaEmmia Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 September at 11:02AM
    I've bridesmaid-d twice, and bought dresses for my own bridesmaids. On all occasions I've bought things from the "party wear" sections of shops, (one dress was £30 down from £60 in the sale, the other £65, and the other one i think was £45/£50) rather than £££ "bridesmaid dresses". Partywear dresses will probably also get re-worn...
  • edited 29 September at 11:26AM
    EmmiaEmmia Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 September at 11:26AM
    JadEle said:
    Where have people bought their bridesmaids dresses? We went into London, Oxford Street, Regent Street hoping to see a range of dresses and find something appropriate but in store there is very little choice.

Online there are many dress websites but I just haven't heard of them before, just wondering if anyone has used one of these, e.g. JJs House, and if so what was the experience like?

Thanks in advance,
    Did you go to the bridal wear shops (booking required) in Marylebone? Whistles is also another option with a bridal / evening wear range. Or, online only now Coast
  • ltbaker1986ltbaker1986 Forumite
    14 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Asos and Coast are great places to check out.. also silk fred is decent for unique pastel dresses :)
  • MoneySavingTracyMoneySavingTracy Forumite
    23 Posts
    10 Posts
    Recently had bridesmaids dresses off Etsy and they were stunning and of lovely quality - would definitely recommend!