Can't print anything from computer

Options
My computer and printer are both. fairly old.  Although I can use the printer to copy stuff I can no longer print anything from the computer.  The printer is a Canon TS8150.  It is wireless but I have tried plugging it in to the computer and it still doesn't work.  Any ideas please.  

I want to print proof of a no claims bonus for my hubby. He is insured with General Accident and they won't send a paper copy.  They won't insure him anymore and won't say why.  I can only believe it's because of his age - (he was 81 this year) because he hasn't claimed for anything in years.

I presume I'll need a paper copy to renew his insurance with another company.  Help please.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Options
    No claims bonuses can usually be checked digitally between insurance companies.  The new insurance company will advice if they need a paper copy.

If the insurance company won't insure him then there's usually a reason why.  For this company it tells you on the website: https://www.generalaccident.com/our-cover/who-we-cover - "Are aged between 17 and 80 years old for comprehensive policies"

• Waterlily24
    Options
    Thanks Neil, didn't check on the site but thought that must be the reason but can't understand why they wouldn't say.

Off to find another company, he did have a 'quote' from Saga which wasn't too bad if it still stands.

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,018 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    working on the basic IT principle of turning something off and on......have you tried deleting the printer off your computer and then adding it back in??
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    Hi Brie, It's been like it for some time now and I think I tried that in the beginning, I did do a post about it way back then.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 September 2022 at 10:34AM
    Options
    I switch my insurer every year and IIRC last years I only uploaded the proof of NCD or e-mailed it.

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    try to uninstall then reinstall the printer drivers on your PC - usually found on the printer manufacturer site
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A few years back Windows did kill off quite a few old printers, my old HP was amongst them :'(
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

As others have said...

• Insurers don't usually need a copy of proof of your NCD - they check it electronically via the CUE database
    • If they do need a copy, they'd probably prefer it to be attached to an email or uploaded, rather than printed
    • If you still want a copy, and you can't get the printer to work, most libraries have public computers and printers available. They generally only charge a few pence per printed sheet.

• Bonhomie
    Options
    My computer and printer are both. fairly old.  Although I can use the printer to copy stuff I can no longer print anything from the computer.  The printer is a Canon TS8150.  It is wireless but I have tried plugging it in to the computer and it still doesn't work.  Any ideas please.  

I want to print proof of a no claims bonus for my hubby. He is insured with General Accident and they won't send a paper copy.  They won't insure him anymore and won't say why.  I can only believe it's because of his age - (he was 81 this year) because he hasn't claimed for anything in years.

I presume I'll need a paper copy to renew his insurance with another company.  Help please.
    canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_ts_series/pixma-ts8150.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=windows%2010%20(64-bit)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback