Has anyone any info of timescales for voa to investigate info you provide them in relation to a council tax proposal?
i supplied various pieces of evidence in February 2021. They tell me it will go to the next appeal panel and that an assessor will contact me to discuss my proposal prior to the hearing. 
I feel they are dragging their heels. I provided them with an identical property across the road which is in a lower band a few years ago but they refused to reduce my band saying another identical property sold for £2500 over the banding threshold nearest the April 1991 date.  
I since discovered the sale date they provided was different on the registers of Scotland website.  This meant actually a further similar property in the lower band was sold closest to the April 1991 date.  So in February 2021 I advised them of this and using their own reasoning said my banding should be reduced, however they have not given any other response other than to say it will go the next appeal panel hearing and an assessor will contact me prior to discuss.  I already know the appeal panel will throw my case out as I am out of time, there they will not even hear the evidence about my banding.
any advice would be much appreciated 

Replies

• lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you are in Scotland then it will be the Assessor dealing with your CT appeal, not the VOA. 

I can't offer any help on timescales other than to suggest you ask the Assessor what is happening and if you are not happy with their response, check the Assessor's website for details of any complaint's procedures.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Markwilson1907Markwilson1907 Forumite
    7 Posts
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you are in Scotland then it will be the Assessor dealing with your CT appeal, not the VOA. 

I can't offer any help on timescales other than to suggest you ask the Assessor what is happening and if you are not happy with their response, check the Assessor's website for details of any complaint's procedures.
    Thanks lincroft1710, I’ll have a look at their complaints policy. Do you know of any cases where the date of sale impacted the decision as much as the sale value? That is the issue in my case.
    thanks

• lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sorry but the Scottish and English systems are different and I have no knowledge of Scottish cases.  
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales