We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Rate my quote please (and also equipment to be used)

Options

Morning all.

I finally got another quote ………… somebody actually came round to look at my house this time 😊

He gave me 2 quotes, one with and one without battery (so I can export the lot and use the grid as my battery)

14 x trina solar vertex s 400w panels

Givernergy hybrid inverter

8.2 kwh givenergy battery

With the battery was £10,500 …….. without the battery was £7,000

I do not know if this incudes scaffolding.

Thank you for any advice given

Comments

• 94JDH
    94JDH Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 September 2022 at 5:39PM
    Options
    If it includes scaffolding then the price is about right.
    My criticism would be why is it an 8.2kWh battery and not the new gen2 9.5kWh battery. In addition is it a gen1 or gen2 inverter?
    18 x 390W (7.02kW) East/West split over two flat roof areas at 10 degrees inclination.
  • Screwdriva
    Screwdriva Posts: 1,188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I'm not sure if I shared this in your previous post but Trina panels are budget Chinese brand. My supplier installs 10X Sharp 400W panels + SolarEdge Optimizers + Inverter w/ 25 year warranty for under £6K.

This is the spec I recommend for most no matter who you decide on. No battery - just save the money upfront and sell excess to the grid. 

Here's a pic of a family member's home done in this spec just this week. 

-  10 x 400w LG + 6 x 550W SHARP BiFacial Panels + SE 3680 HD Wave Inverter + SE Optimizers. SE London.
    -  Triple aspect. (22% ENE/ 33% SSE/ 45% WSW)
    -  Viessmann 200-W on Advanced Weather Comp. (the most efficient gas boiler sold)

Feel free to DM me if I can help with any energy saving!
  • MancMan123
    Options
    I'm just waiting for your supplier to contact me 
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 8 September 2022 at 10:20PM
    Options
    Aren't they too close to the ridge sorry, hip? Wind loading from behind could exceed the rated strength of the panels and/or fixings?
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Heedtheadvice
    Options
    QrizB said:
    Aren't they too close to the ridge? Wind loading from behind could exceed the rated strength of the panels and/or fixings?

I think  I am going to get upset with you QrizB. :-:smile: 
    You beat me to post  a  very similar comment!...again.
    I wondered why not further  across and higher  up the roof.
    Maybe a reason we are not aware of.......
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    Options
    Positioned a bit low? If they were higher up the roof they could have been set further from the ridge. 
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    Options
    Is the pic is taken in the evening with sun in the west? Panels fixed that low might get shading in winter from the roof to the right during the earlier part of the day
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • Screwdriva
    Screwdriva Posts: 1,188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 9 September 2022 at 1:40PM
    Options
    Alnat1 said:
    Is the pic is taken in the evening with sun in the west? Panels fixed that low might get shading in winter from the roof to the right during the earlier part of the day
    Panels have optimizers for the morning partial shading (from the roof to the right) during the winter months. The panels on the left will not be affected by any shade and will more than cover 8-11am consumption.
    Aren't they too close to the ridge? Wind loading from behind could exceed the rated strength of the panels and/or fixings?

I think  I am going to get upset with you QrizB. :-:smile: 
    You beat me to post  a  very similar comment!...again.
    I wondered why not further  across and higher  up the roof.
    Maybe a reason we are not aware of.......
    Sadly, the roof layout would not allow for higher positioning - that is concealed from view in the image. 
    -  10 x 400w LG + 6 x 550W SHARP BiFacial Panels + SE 3680 HD Wave Inverter + SE Optimizers. SE London.
    -  Triple aspect. (22% ENE/ 33% SSE/ 45% WSW)
    -  Viessmann 200-W on Advanced Weather Comp. (the most efficient gas boiler sold)

Feel free to DM me if I can help with any energy saving!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure