MSE Poll: How much do you spend on average each week on groceries?

Options
MSE_Georgia-May
MSE_Georgia-May Posts: 12 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary
edited 23 August 2022 at 3:19PM in MoneySaving polls
Poll started 23 August 2022

Life in the UK is getting far harder to afford. With the consequences of world events affecting the economy and inflation hitting a 40-year high, the price of everyday supermarket essentials has inevitably gone up. So this week, we want to know how much on average do you spend on your weekly grocery shop?

Click here to vote in the poll

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.
If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.
Thanks!

Comments

• graham128
    Options
    Over the past 12 months, our grocery bill has averaged at £30.36 per week for the two of us. Some key factors: no tobacco, no alcohol, no meat, minimal branded products, minimal convenience foods. We do enjoy fresh fruit and veg, and occasional treats.
  • Sheriff23
    Options
    I am surprised by how little most people seem to spend!  My wife and I spend £160/wk on average.  We do eat meat but there is no alcohol or tobacco.  We shop almost exclusively at Sainsburys and Lidl.
    When people have responded have they included non-food items (e.g toilet rolls, cleaning products etc.) as groceries?
    How much are people spending on eating out? (we average a further £35/wk on this).
  • frank901
    Options
    I'm shocked by how little the majority of folks appear to spend! On average, my partner and I spend £130 every week.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback