Delay Repay - How long do they have to process?

Options
Made a delay repay claim to Cross Country on July 10th, not had any response apart from the original confirmation email. Called them today to chase and was told they are currently processing June 20th so its going to be a few more weeks before they even get to mine. Seems like an unacceptable turnaround time to me. I also have another claim to submit to them now too.

They simply told me to go to the Ombudsman if I'm not happy with the delay but it doesnt look like I am eligible as it hasnt been 40 days since my complaint, nor have I had a deadlock letter.

Since July 10th I have made two other claims to other operators which have been resolved and paid out.

Can they just sit back and take as long as they want to process these claims?

Comments

• kcred2
    Options
    Interested to see any info regarding this as I'm in the same position. My claim wasn't quite as long ago as yours but it's over a month. My partner put a claim in for the same journey and was paid within a week but I'm still waiting! Good luck..!
  • gopherm
    Options
    I've also made a delay repay claim to Cross Country for 19th Aug. Online form filled in around the 22nd. No reply. Following week rang up; told they were busy (by answer machine), held on for 20 mins then "there is a fault" & cut off. Rang again this time option 2 (existing purchases); got straight through & told to ring customer services (on the number I had been trying!). Today after 5 calls all the same plus another online form after 18 mins someone answered.Result?-"we have no record of your name/email & have not received an online form AND you are past the time limit"!! My traveling companion also filled in one online form and has heard ZILCH. So it seems they CAN take as much time as it needs (until YOUR time is up.) PS she also said they were still dealing with July claims. No wonder their name is CROSScountry.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback