FITS payments when meter isn’t working

Options
2»

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Options
    QrizB said:
    Strictly speaking, neither you  nor they are following the rules.
    Does the inverter agree exactly with the generation meter, or is it slightly different? I would expect the latter?
    I have never been aware there was another reading, I didn't have a smart meter when I got my panels.
    I didn't and still don't have have a smart meter but I got a generation meter fitted as part of the solar panel installation.  I also have a meter that displays the instantaneous power generation. And in fact another meter that records electricity usage by my ASHP; so with my regular electricty meter that's four meters in total. They're all in my meter cupboard along with the consumer unit; It's getting a bit crowded in there.    
    Reed
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    QrizB said:
    Strictly speaking, neither you  nor they are following the rules.
    Does the inverter agree exactly with the generation meter, or is it slightly different? I would expect the latter?
    I have never been aware there was another reading, I didn't have a smart meter when I got my panels.
    When the guy comes to read my solar meter, he just goes in the loft
    A generation meter is a MCS requirement. See pages 16-17 of this document:
    https://mcscertified.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/PV-Book-ELECTRONIC.pdf
    I'm very surprised that you don't have one!
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimjames said:
    Unfortunately the inverter isn't calibrated as a meter is so cannot be used to record consumption for payments , ours reads lower than the meter 
    I have always used the readings from the inverter to send to Good Energy, sent photos too.
    I don't think you'd have got an MCS certificate unless there was a total generation meter in the circuit !  Is it possible that what you thought was part of the inverter is actually a total generation meter installed very close to inverter and there's no actual display on the inverter itself ?

FWIW,  my inverter has no display at all - to get its version of output I need (& indeed have) an app that connects to inverter via Bluetooth.  The official TGM is  immediately below the inverter in a cupboard 'on the way' to the CU.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback