Paying off partners mortgage
I am buying into my partners house using the equity from the sale of my house. I have filled in TR1 form and had it witnessed. I have also filled out an ID1 form and had that witnessed by my another solicitor. I want to transfer the money direct to my partners solicitor to pay off his mortgage. But she says that the money needs to be paid from my partners bank account.
I'm not happy with this because to me that appears as though I am gifting him the money rather than buying a share of the house.
Any advice please? Thanks.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.3K Life & Family
- 246.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards