We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Where to file a court claim
MayflowerBuyer
Posts: 2 Newbie
in N. Ireland
I live in England, the individual I wish to make a court claim (small claims) against resides in Scotland. I am aware that there is a different process to make a court claim in Scotland, does anyone know whether I engage with this, in their domicile or in England, mine.
0
Comments
-
This is the N Ireland board
Maybe best to repost in the England or Scotland one.1 -
As a rule of thumb: pursue it in the jurisdiction where it is to be enforced. It's pointless getting a judgment which then can't be applied...MayflowerBuyer said:I live in England, the individual I wish to make a court claim (small claims) against resides in Scotland. I am aware that there is a different process to make a court claim in Scotland, does anyone know whether I engage with this, in their domicile or in England, mine.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards