Anyone free of a ‘Londonesque’ mortgage?

Options
First post, not sure if this section is for diaries only? Please let me know so I can repost in the right section. Thanks.

I’ve been reading the inspiring stories on the Mortgage Free Honour Roll and I’m now partly fired up to attack my mortgage…and partly disheartened by the size of the task. 

By ‘Londonesque’ I mean mortgages north of say £575k; doesn’t have to be in London, could be anywhere in the country. 

If you had one and are now mortgage-free I’d like to know: 

1) How long did it take you to be free of it? 

2) Did you use an offset mortgage or any other method other than just overpaying? 

3) When was your tipping point, when your mortgage balance began to tumble down?

4) If you’re on the MF Honour Roll please also link to your post there so I can read your answers to the questions posed by the original poster of the MF Honour Roll thread.

Also, as I can’t possibly read all the MFW diaries, if anyone is aware of any diaries featuring Londonesque mortgages, please do share the link. 

I don’t know if I dare to dream of being mortgage-free, and am hoping to find out how others with a similar level of mortgage debt have achieved it. 

Thanks very much 

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport