🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Exam board external moderation etc

Options
Hello

As per most people, I'm trying to think of a way to make a few extra pennies, and I'm trying to think of ways to utilise my experience, skills and qualifications.

I know that there is a freelance tutoring mega thread on this forum but the last time it appeared to be updated was over a year ago

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of working for exam boards or awarding bodies acting as an external moderator or similar? 

I have done some things for Pearson in the past, and have approached another awarding body who I worked with when I was last teaching.

Unfortunately, my teaching experience is in further or higher education (thus not GCSE and Im not QTS)…. My background is in Sport and Exercise Physiology….. So there is not much demand for these tutoring roles like there would be for Maths, English, a modern language or science etc. 

Any advice would be welcome

Comments

• lindos90
    lindos90 Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What about a school sports officer, or working in an FE college, either in the exams dept or as an invigilator?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure