NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Money Tips email | 3 Aug 2022

edited 3 August at 9:02AM in The Weekly MSE Money Tips Email
7 replies 31 views
MSE_Laura_FMSE_Laura_F Community Admin
741 Posts
Third Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Community Admin
Like a snooker ball landing in a pocket, the latest Money Tips email is now in place.

Give it a proper comb over when you can. For now though, here are five highlights you might like:

1. 9p Diet Coke, 45p Heinz mustard & more
    Via 10% off MSE Blagged code for Approved Food, which sells reduced, past 'best before' food. Min £22.50 spend

2. 15 MoneySaving successes of 2022 so far
    To inspire you: a £4,800/year pension credit claim and many more

3. Megafast 108Mb Virgin broadband just '£17.40/month'
    MSE Blagged. This deal is back and we've not seen cheaper

4. Top easy-access savings now pay 1.71%
    It's the highest rate since 2013. Or get 3%+ if you can lock money away

5. Boots trick: £37 of No7 cosmetics for £13.50
    Stack offers to load up for less

While I've got you...

Check Facebook next week for a preview💻

Huge thanks to anyone who checked the MSE Facebook page for the early preview of the email on Tuesday evening. Every week we post a preview in return for feedback. Any bugs or inaccuracies you spot help us to perfect the email before it goes out officially.

Send us your Money Moral Dilemma🤔

You might be a fan of the Money Moral Dilemma, a long-time feature of the email which gets its own Forum thread so you can discuss (here's this week's). If you've got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own you'd like to share, email it to us at [email protected] and it might end up in a future Money Tips email.

Subscribe to the email✔️

If you're not already signed up to receive our Money Tips direct to your inbox, you can do so here.

Replies

• Janey51Janey51 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Unfortunately Approved Food just comes up as an error. Even searching via Google is the same.
  • MSE_Laura_FMSE_Laura_F Community Admin
    741 Posts
    Community Admin
    Thanks @Janey51

The link seems to be working for me on laptop and on mobile. It takes me to the deal write-up on MSE, then clicking the link in that write-up takes me straight to Approved Food's homepage.

Are you having trouble visiting the page, or placing an order?

Could you please let me know what the error alert says? And also what device and browser you're using?

Thank you,

MSE Laura F
  • edited 3 August at 4:53PM
    Janey51Janey51 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 3 August at 4:53PM
    Hi. I am using Firefox and Chrome. Its an Acer laptop. Error message when I try to log in to the site is HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden. Don't use my phone for the internet.
    Thanks
  • MSE_Laura_FMSE_Laura_F Community Admin
    741 Posts
    Community Admin
    Thank you. So that error message happens when you try to log in on the Approved Foods website?

Do you definitely have an account already? Is it worth trying to register rather than log in?
    1.2K Posts
    Forumite
    It appears when I try the link on MSE and also when I go directly to Approved Foods. Yes, I do have an account but I can't register as all I get is the same message. Probably just me but laptop is quite new and I have been able to log in before.
  • edited 4 August at 12:38PM
    MSE_Laura_FMSE_Laura_F Community Admin
    741 Posts
    Community Admin
    edited 4 August at 12:38PM
    I'm sorry to hear that. You could try resetting your Approved Foods password by clicking the 'I have forgotten my password' link. If that doesn't work, you could contact Approved Foods for further help:
    https://www.approvedfood.co.uk/contact_us
    1.2K Posts
    Forumite
    I won't be able to reset password as I cannot access the site. I have lost the will now lol