We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Best (free) budgeting apps

Options
Hi,

Does anyone know of any good budgeting apps that are free or very low cost please?

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 17,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    RBS / NatWest have a tool to set budgets on various things like groceries, travel, health and beauty, home etc. You then allocate a label to each transaction and it shows under each budget. It's better than nothing.

I use a spreadsheet for budgeting. Create a new one over the December holidays for the following year, input all my fixed costs and expected outgoings, tweaking as things increase/ decrease. 

Is it an android or apple phone you have? Or are you looking for something to use off a laptop/ computer?
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • peteuk
    peteuk Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Emma wont budget but will link to your account and link payments.  I use excel and Emma, at the end of the month I use Emma to look at where the months money went and then adjust the spread sheet if/as required. 

Proud to have dealt with our debts
    Starting debt 2005 £65.7K.
    Current debt ZERO.
    DEBT FREE
  • SanguineOnSaturn
    Options
    I've been using Moneyhub quite a bit recently.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback