Discharged, credit file confusion
Hello, I've recently been discharged from my bankruptcy which has been a HUGE weight off my shoulders and a (pleasant) anti-climax!
Just checking my credit file reports to see if my discharge is reflected in them and if I need to do any clean up as per the advice found on here and I'm unsure as to what I'm finding. Here's what I've done:
- Checkmyfile.com - Free trial account from a couple of months ago, showed my BR and current bank account, no mention of any active debts (an old CC showed as Settled - this was not part of the BR as was settled previous to BR.)
- Equifax - Shows BR as Discharged, same account information as above - i.e. bank account and settled CC.
- Experian - Unable to even get past the first page of the sign up process, so cannot create an account.
- Transunion - Tried making an account, confirmed with email, then "failed" the security questions about past financial account activity so couldn't create an account. How you can "fail" questions about your own life I have no idea but they seem to have false information that I don't know how to answer, so they are also a no-go.
So, the only credit agency I can access directly is Equifax. Checkmyfile wants £15 if I want to access a more up to date report than the one from a couple of months back, which I don't have spare so can't access that (I know I should've waited until now to use the free trial).
So given that Equifax shows my BR as discharged and neither they nor Experian or Transunion through Checkmyfile make any mention of ANY of the debts cleared by my BR, does that mean my credit file is cleared?
Sorry for long winded post, but it always seems I run in to these weird/unique problems when dealing with these companies, no idea why!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449K Spending & Discounts
- 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.4K Life & Family
- 246.4K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards