NHS pay rise 2022

Options
Hello, I start work for the NHS in a couple of weeks. As there has just been a pay rise announced and pay band amounts have been increased, will I be entitled to the new amount at the bottom of my pay scale even though I’ve not started yet or is the pay rise only for staff already in post? 

Comments

• Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I believe it's a new pay scale for everyone. You of course won't get it backdated thoigh. I have worked if out before ni, tax and pension it's 77p an hour extra. 

I think the unions are going to do ballots with members to ask if to accept it or not. 
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Deedoll
    Options
    I worked for the NHS and am due the backdated pay rise from April 22 until I left in November. Do I have to claim this or should it be automatic?
  • cmthephoenix
    Options
    Deedoll said:
    I worked for the NHS and am due the backdated pay rise from April 22 until I left in November. Do I have to claim this or should it be automatic?
    You should have seen the backdated pay for the 2022 pay review in your October 22 wage if you didn't leave until November.
  • Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Options
    does anyone know if this is for all nhs staff? I work in admin support but no idea if it covers us, I received the pay rise last year 
    Are you on the Agenda for Change pay scale?
  • Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Options
    I have no idea how would I find out? 
    Might show on your payslip.

If you work for a hospital trust then you are likely to be on the Agenda for Change pay system and would be included in the pay offer announced today.

Not quite sure how you don't know this though to be honest 😳
  • UnderOffer
    UnderOffer Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have no idea how would I find out? 
    Are you employed by an NHS organisation? (rather than providing admin service to an NHS department and employed by a separate organisation). Are you contributing to an NHS pension as well? Your banding (pay scale) would be based on a number, i.e Band 3, B4, B5, etc. What does your contract state, wage slip. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback