edited 22 July 2022 at 12:20AM in Debt-free wannabe
5 replies 262 views
changeforbetterchangeforbetter Forumite
119 Posts
Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 22 July 2022 at 12:20AM in Debt-free wannabe
Hello all,

I just wanted to ask a fairly simple question - why have my credit card debts seemingly stopped showing on any of my credit reports?
I use the credit agencies as a simple way to keep track of my creditors (I'm on a DMP) and balances, but they have all fairly recently stopped showing on any of my credit reports. I'm guessing this may be a time related issue, i.e. how old the debts are after default?
But it is a little tricky still, as I can't see them as directly now using the credit reports and agencies - e.g. Credit Karma that I usually used in past.

Thanks if there is any advice on this area of keeping up to date with credits to pay. (ps, pretty sure they haven't just vanished - I wish!  :D)

Replies

• When did they default? They drop off 6 years from the point at which thet defaulted.

The best way to track the balances is via statements directly from your creditors.
  • edited 17 August 2022 at 5:40PM
    changeforbetterchangeforbetter Forumite
    119 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 17 August 2022 at 5:40PM
    When did they default? They drop off 6 years from the point at which thet defaulted.

The best way to track the balances is via statements directly from your creditors.
    Yes, they are probably now all over 6 years since the default dates, that is likely it. Thank you.

The statements are useful of course, but somewhat hit and miss I find across my creditors, and often only every 6 months or more, so not exactly regular for keeping an eye on sadly.
  • Jake_MiloJake_Milo Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    Can someone help explain to me please. 
    I was paying British Gas a direct debit for my gas and electric of £251 a month, they wanted to up that to £445 so I cancelled my dd to make manual payments of my actual usage ( about 220 a month at the moment) as they would not lower the dd amount even though my account was in credit. I’ve just checked my clear score credit report and my British Gas accounts are showing as ‘disputed accounts’ and my score has gone down by 116. I do not know what disputed account means, I’ve tried looking for answers but cannot find anything yet. 
  • TripleHTripleH Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have you formally told them you are moving away from direct debit or did you just cancel the direct debit?
    If you just cancelled it, they probably think you won't be making any payments on your account.
    Ring them and tell them you're not paying on direct debit anymore.
    Ignore your credit score
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You have technically made a complaint, or filed a dispute, they have asked for a certain amount in payment per month, you have said no, so you are in dispute basically.

Its unusual for that to show on your credit file, but makes no difference to anything anyway.

Ignore the pretend score, only you see it, and its never used by anyone, for anything.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.