CCJ set aside application - which route?

kennyvinegarkennyvinegar Forumite
65 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Hi everyone.  My partner and I were looking into applying for a mortgage when we discovered he had a CCJ on his credit file, issued to an old address when we didn't live there. It has taken 2 weeks but we finally have the detail of what it for (3 different debts) I have been reading up on what to do in this circumstance online and on this forum and am happy I can find template letters and examples to help.  However, I'm confused as to what route we should go down first as there seems to be different ways of contesting this.

Do we phone the claimant and ask for a consent order to set aside the CCJ, or;
Write them a letter saying they should apply for the CCJ to be set aside with 7 days with the reasons why, then say if not, we will be sending an N244 and reclaiming costs, or;
Go straight to the H244 form and send this to CCBC?

My partner has already spoken to the claimant today (Lowell/Overdales) and of course they said for him to pay the debt and they would mark it as satisfied, I told him to absolutely not do this.  Also, do we speak and/or write to Lowell or Overdales?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.
I'm a girlie whirlie despite my username


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Glitch hits Nectar bonzana

Did you miss out on bonus points?

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals