Erudio/SLC :

Options
Hi 👋 
I have a complicated issue re erudio administered student loans. I’ll try to keep it simple though! 
I believed that when deferring loans there was a lead company (the student loans company) who then sent me letters to confirm deferment. This seems to be the case back in 2017. I sent docs as requested, and then I’d get a letter from slc saying honours administrated loans deferred, then a couple of days later erudio is deferred too. All good

i now look at paperwork since 2017: nothing referring to erudio only hsl. So only half my loans actually deferred since 2017. 
And I suddenly get a solicitors letter saying they’ve got a ccj against me for full amount owed. Apparently they’ve been writing to the wrong address for 5 years. So I had no idea. I’m going to apply for the ccj to be set aside

But am I right in thinking we used to only have to do one deferment rather than 2? 

Do you think I’ll be able to defer now? Erudio don’t sound like a v understanding company 

my address was certainly updated with slc and hsl, (they continued to write to me) I can’t imagine I would have forgotten erudio. But have no evidence of this. 5 years without a response from me is a long time. A solicitors soon found me via a deed poll. Shouldn’t they have done this before the ccj? 

Thanks all 

Comments

• kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi 👋 
    I have a complicated issue re erudio administered student loans. I’ll try to keep it simple though! 
    I believed that when deferring loans there was a lead company (the student loans company) who then sent me letters to confirm deferment. This seems to be the case back in 2017. I sent docs as requested, and then I’d get a letter from slc saying honours administrated loans deferred, then a couple of days later erudio is deferred too. All good

i now look at paperwork since 2017: nothing referring to erudio only hsl. So only half my loans actually deferred since 2017. 
    And I suddenly get a solicitors letter saying they’ve got a ccj against me for full amount owed. Apparently they’ve been writing to the wrong address for 5 years. So I had no idea. I’m going to apply for the ccj to be set aside

But am I right in thinking we used to only have to do one deferment rather than 2? 

Do you think I’ll be able to defer now? Erudio don’t sound like a v understanding company 

my address was certainly updated with slc and hsl, (they continued to write to me) I can’t imagine I would have forgotten erudio. But have no evidence of this. 5 years without a response from me is a long time. A solicitors soon found me via a deed poll. Shouldn’t they have done this before the ccj? 

Thanks all 
    You're in the very unfortunate position of having your loans split between different companies, it's rare but does happen.
    Even though all these mortgage style loans are now sold off, SLC still administer some of them. You need to know to whom you were sending your deferral notices to prior to 2017.
    I know of one person who had to defer with both companies, indeed  up until their complaining about it I'd never heard of loans split between different companies before.  The fact you were sending one deferral for both would possibly indicate these loans were being administered by SLC, currently you 'think' it was but you need to be clear on that before doing anything as the answer to that will dictate what you can do going forward.

• HenriDune
    HenriDune Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    And was your application to have the CCJ set aside successful?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback