Changes to Tesco Delivery Plan - Is There A Catch?

A friend who has a current plan with Tesco for £7.99 has received an email (see below) and is suspicious of the new deals as some are considerably cheaper than what she is paying:  She wonders whether there's a catch, does anyone know.

We wanted to let you know that we're making a few changes to our Delivery Saver plans. You'll now be able to choose from 3 new plans:
You can choose from the following plans:

• Anytime Delivery from £6.99/month
    Includes same-day delivery anytime, plus same-day Click+Collect
  • Off-Peak Delivery from £3.99/month
    Get deliveries after 3pm each day, plus same-day Click+Collect
  • Anytime Click+Collect just £2.49/month
    Enjoy same-day collections

Thanks
Ms Choc

Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Comments

• Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 818 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    The old 'off-peak' was anytime Tuesday-Thursday and cost £3.49 a month (6 month term). It included priority access to Easter and Christmas slots. They stopped taking new customers to that deal because of Covid. It's a small increase to their previous cheapest deal - along with very different terms, plus a small decrease to the anytime deal. 
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I have since onset covid had Tesco plan and just looking I assume it is the anytime plan, I pay around £46 per six months....I am a wee bit off on actual price as have always used my club points - which are worth triple against the delivery plan.

Couple things seem different - the max grocery basket is £40 and I have never seen same day delivery, as it would have really helped if limit was £25 per basket with a mid week order when I have been ill.

One other thing - neighbour mentioned he had free delivery as over 65.....anyone enlighten me!!
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Vegastare said:
    I have since onset covid had Tesco plan and just looking I assume it is the anytime plan, I pay around £46 per six months....I am a wee bit off on actual price as have always used my club points - which are worth triple against the delivery plan.

Couple things seem different - the max grocery basket is £40 and I have never seen same day delivery, as it would have really helped if limit was £25 per basket with a mid week order when I have been ill.

One other thing - neighbour mentioned he had free delivery as over 65.....anyone enlighten me!!
    Its possible the neighbour was getting it due to being on the shielding list during lockdown?

The £25 minimum order is for click and collect, for delivery it is £40 minimum.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback