Morrisons 4 for the price of 3 ales - Not available when I log in... Glitch?

Options
Hi

I'm doing my first Morrisons on line order.  Have done plenty before using other supermarkets but not Morrisons.  

Before logging in, most ales are in their 4 for 3 offer:

https://groceries.morrisons.com/offers/buy-4-products-for-the-price-of-3-1006644756

But once I log in they are all normal price and the 4 for 3 doesn't seem to exist.  

Is that due to some sort of glitch or are these offers regional?  I imagined not regional because most supermarkets seem to have a similar offer to this as standard.

Tried to contact Morrisons to ask but jumping through hoops in their help section so thought I would ask on here.  

Many thanks

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Which country do you live in ?
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Sorry, should have said - I'm in Wales.  Ta
  • razord
    razord Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 July 2022 at 8:36PM
    Options
    Morrisons FAQ has the answer for this under "Welsh alcohol pricing": https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/scontent/customerServicesFAQ
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Great find!  Well done and thank you very much.  

It answers the question, but doesn't make total sense.  All the other supermarkets here in Wales offer 4 for 3 at the same prices, so it's strange Morrisons don't.   
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Strangly though, this offer is available in Wales and is the cheapest I've seen in a long time.

https://groceries.store.morrisons.com/products/105193953/details
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In Wales you cannot sell for less than 50p a unit. The number of units in a bottle of beer depends on the strength of the beer and the size of the bottle. This calculator will tell you the lowest price they can sell for MUP Calculator Wales — Lockett & Co

Given that ales often have high ABV its possible that if someone bought four strong beers they would then go under the MUP, so easier for Morrisons to not offer that promo. Although given the higher prices of single bottles compared to multipacks this is unlikely if being a mixed four.

Strangly though, this offer is available in Wales and is the cheapest I've seen in a long time.

https://groceries.store.morrisons.com/products/105193953/details
    That link doesn't work.
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Hi @jon81uk

That's strange, the link works fine for me.  But just tried it in Incognito mode and it didn't work.  Must be because it is a Wales only promotion, which is strangely ironic!!  It's for Marston's Pedigree Pale Ale Bottle - which is 4.5% ABV - and is available for 99p per 500ml bottle here in Wales, but not in England.  

I've just put the data into that calculator and it says the MUP is £1.13, which is obviously above 99p!  

As for other supermarkets, next time I shop at one I'll take note of the highest ABV beer in the 4 for 3 offer and run that through the calculator.

Many thanks for the reply....

EDIT UPDATE: 

I'm obviously drinking too much beer and it's effecting my memory!  My wife just reminded me that we were in a Morrisons store a few weeks back and there was a whole section with beers in the 4 for 3 offer.  Loads of different ones.  So it seems it is just an internet shopping thing rather than a being in Wales thing...  Maybe?  

• GaleSF63
    GaleSF63 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Great find!  Well done and thank you very much.  

It answers the question, but doesn't make total sense.  All the other supermarkets here in Wales offer 4 for 3 at the same prices, so it's strange Morrisons don't.   
    Is it possible you are also looking at them without their being aware of your location?
    Another thing to watch out for if it's the same in Wales as Scotland... you can't use money-off vouchers on an online order if there is alcohol on your order. 
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Hi

GaleSF63 said

Is it possible you are also looking at them without their being aware of your location?

Do you mean looking at the other supermarkets?  If so , then no.  I regularly place orders with other supermarkets and order beers on 4 for 3 type offers. 

And as I said above, Morrisons do offer 4 for 3 in store (in Wales), just not on line.  And they are offering a beer on line which is above the limit anyhow!  So it isn't making much sense. 

GaleSF63 said:

Another thing to watch out for if it's the same in Wales as Scotland... you can't use money-off vouchers on an online order if there is alcohol on your order. 

Thanks for pointing that out, I'd best check whether out voucher worked in that case...  

Many thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure