valuation tribunal decision

in Cutting tax
1 reply 102 views
stereb8792stereb8792 Forumite
12 Posts
Second Anniversary First Post
Forumite
Right so I am hoping to appeal their judgement because I am being compared to other properties that are similar in size however I feel that all the properties they used in their 1991 valuation is not representative to where I am.

I am on the road that leads to the seafront but I feel like I have been unfairly treated and to put it in to context the properties they compared mine to are over £200,000 more than mine and overlook the sea with picturesque views

Yeah my property might be new build but it's unbelievable they have chosen not to lower my band (E)

Also I feel like the VOA set me up to fail because their guidelines they gave me was a 2 mile radius.

Any thoughts please

Replies

• lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    16.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My first thought is that if you are referring to a VT decision, you cannot appeal it. If you are referring to the VOA evidence and their insistence that your band is correct then you will have to look around for similar properties to yours in Band D to counter their claim.

The VOA suggest to most CT payers that they look for evidence within a 2 mile radius, you are not "being set up to fail". 
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales