Interest Free Credit

Louise75_2
Louise75_2 Posts: 4
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 20 June 2022 at 11:40AM in Loans
I would like to purchase some furniture from John Lewis amounting to £4000. Does anyone know how credit allowance is calculated for John Lewis? I would like to know what my annual income needs to be to purchase items for a specific amount, preferably over 24 months which I think I need to spend 2000 to acquire.

I would like to know this in advance to avoid the risk of being refused and it affecting my credit score.

Their website states that the minimum income is £10,000 to apply for credit but there is no further information regarding income and amount spending.

I am self-employed, if this makes any difference.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You won't know until you apply. Income is only one factor in lending.

Don't worry about a drop in the pretend credit score. A search will have no impact on a well managed file.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,607
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It may be affected by how much credit you currently have available even if you are not using it.  

If you have 2 cards with £20k total available then that may be taken into account on whether you could afford to pay back the additional £4k to JL.  And if you have cards available with nothing on them you might want to check if there are any 0% deals in case the JL credit isn't forthcoming.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    PM’d forum team to move to a relevant board on Monday x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback